To maintain focus on student learning and wellness by engaging in sound resource allocation and policy management to ensure that the Sonora Union High School District is an excellent place to learn, teach, and work.
2016 – 2017 District Goals:
1. Academic Achievement – Students and teachers are held to a high standard of academic achievement with increased completion of the entrance standards (A-G requirements) of the University of California and California State University system.
2. Staff Development – Staff development and training programs are relevant, of high interest and support new academic assessment and technology initiatives and innovations.
3. Facilities – The District supports the construction and modernization of district facilities and technology to better support staff and student learning, safety and efficiency.
4. Assessment Data – Departments will develop common assessments to help drive instruction and evaluate the effectiveness of programs, personnel and student achievement. Each department shall report the results of this evaluation to the Board on an annual basis.
5. Finances – The District is a good steward of existing resources while developing additional sources of funding for current programs and new initiatives.
6. Career Technical Education – Students have the opportunity to learn work force skills through high quality career technical and community learning programs aligned to the regional economy.
7. School Culture – All members of our educational community engage in positive interpersonal relationships promoting a culture of cooperation, trust and respect.
8. Alternative Programs – The District supports other academic programs including adult education, Middle College, independent study and alternative education.
9. Co-Curricular Programs – The District recognizes that arts, athletics and student organizations are essential facets of the high school experience and supports increased student engagement and achievement.
10. Wellness – The District promotes physical and mental health through student programs that encourage healthy habits, improved nutrition, and access to personal counseling.